There are several reasons why people are often not interested in a reading a piece of paper that is lengthy and written in an affluent manner. For some, it is the sheer amount of time it would take them to traverse through all the verbosity to get to the finish, for others it is lack of interest and appeal. However, there are certain aspects which can make any piece of paper look great. In this post, we would like to share with you some of those qualities that can evidently put your readers in a position where they are do not feel any hostility towards your written work. So stick around and learn how to make your documents more appealing and less intimidating.
Easy On the Eyes
There is no doubt that reading requires you to use your visual prowess and the sense of sight to go through each and every word written within the document to make sense and meaning of the presented text. However, instead of simply throwing words, concepts, and sentences towards your readers, you can make your work more alluring by making it easy for their eyes. Here is what you can do:
- Follow a consistent formatting style and make your work look organized. This neat and tidy appearance itself works wonders.
- Make sure that you show consistency and coherence regarding the following attributes of your written work:
- Readable font size and style
- Adequate line spacing between sentences, headings, and paragraphs
- An appropriate text alignment
- A stable paragraph indentation format that is followed throughout the entire document
- Approved and recommended referencing system and footnotes format
- Short sentences only, with each one of them not exceeding a total word count of 20 words.
- Smaller paragraphs that are no longer than 250 words each.
You do not want your audiences to start off your paper and leave it half-way through hence you need to make some adjustments so that your efforts are appreciated by all. Here is what you need to do:
- Create and follow a robust outline for your paper that includes an introduction, the main body of discussion, and finally a conclusion.
- Use active voice throughout the majority of your document.
- Deploy easy to understand vocabulary, avoid difficult to understand terminologies, and remove all jargons and clichés from your work.
- Always present your ideas within the paper in a systematic and organized manner. Never break or skip the sequence.
- Utilize transition words and adjoining words to keep the flow going. They will also help you to connect sentences, ideas, and paragraphs.
- Write using simple sentence structure instead of using complex and complicated sentence structures.
- Make sure that your paragraphs discuss one key point or main idea only which is relayed through the topic sentence. The rest of your paragraph should comprise of supporting sentences that further explain what is mentioned within the topic sentence.
There is simply no doubt that you need to take your written task seriously since you will be presenting it in front of your course evaluators and mentors. Hence it becomes mandatory for you to present your work in a formal style. This is what you should do:
- Include a cover/title page right at the top of your document which includes the mention of your institute, the topic of your document, the submission date, and your name.
- Insert page numbers as well as headers and footers.
- Do not forget to add a table of contents that is updated and accurate.
- Create a separate bibliography section at the end of your document for all of your references and citations used within the paper.
- Ensure that you have shown compliance with all the other recommendations and instructions of your professors and teachers regarding your written work.
- Make use of headings and bullet points to make your work feel less intimidating. This is known as using the white space to your own advantage.
Assorted Features to Consider
Writing a masterpiece in itself is quite a daunting task and many times there is a high possibility that you could either hit the hammer on the nail or miss out entirely and fail miserably. However you can use the following features to create a soft corner for yourself in the minds of the readers, take a look:
- You can use the following scarcely to create a distinct flavor in your written piece:
- Anecdotes to lighten the mood and offer your audience a slice of life.
- Direct quotations of famous personalities that are relatable to your nature of work.
- Scientific evidence to support your claims, arguments, and statements.
- Intriguing factual information that stimulates your readers and evaluators of work.
- Non-written and visual elements to make your work less boring:
- Pie Charts
- Maps etc.
- In-depth analysis and rare insights that can offer a definite increase in the pool of knowledge of whoever reads your paper the first time.
- Proofread and edit your work multiple times so that is absolutely free of all grammatical errors and spelling blunders.
- You should also take into account unintentional plagiarism which can be easily be figured out through a respectable and reliable plagiarism detection software.
We hope this post was able to provide you with a reasonable understanding regarding how some features and characteristics of your written work can definitely improve the quality of your paper and the overall chances for you to score big. However, if you are a student who is currently facing unimaginable odds with their academic writing task, then you should perhaps consider taking professional assignment help. There are qualified and experienced writers available that can provide you with specialized assistance for your subjects and topics. Your documents will include extensive research along with numerous citations and references from authentic and credible sources throughout your document. At the end of the day, you will receive the outstanding quality of 100% original and proofread work on time at feasible charges.